About us

Last in a terrace of 17th century cottages at the top of Langley Hill. Bought by the local brewer John Edward Groome in 1857, it now shows a Victorian frontage which previously had a blacksmith's shop attached. The Doy Family have been earlier landlords of the Old Palace. George Doy kept the pub from 1912 - 1930 and his son, George Junior, from 1938 - 1952. The pub is now owned by John van Til. A most welcoming atmosphere accommodating people from all walks of life make it a popular place in the village. The beautiful beer garden, occasional BBQ's, music events and the newly refurbished restaurant offers superb food to add to the Old Palace's attraction.


Beer gardenFoodOutside areaReal ale

What's on

Sorry, we don't have any current events or offers for this pub.

Find us

Opening Times

Mon11:00 – 23:00
Tue11:00 – 23:00
Wed11:00 – 23:00
Thur11:00 – 23:00
Fri11:00 – 23:00
Sat11:00 – 23:00
Sun11:00 – 23:00

Food & drink

Sorry, we don't have any menus listed at the moment.