Large two roomed pub situated towards the bottom of the long Oakdale Road. Karaoke features on Friday and Saturday evenings.
The Bakersfield was built in the period 1959 to 1962 and was opened as the Tally Ho on the 12th October 1962 by the vicar of the nearby St. John's church, which was itself built in 1956. Along with the Church Hall dated 1948, the pub is one of a group of 1950s-style buildings. Key features are the tall gables, high pitched roofs and bricks in monk bond. "There is a nice surround to window next to the door marked 'lounge' - this may have been the former off sales next to the lounge door. The main gable is tiled above the ground floor. It is the classical 'L'-shaped plan with two bars at right angles. Smaller side bar with toilets to the rear. Timber bar fronts are stripped and heavily varnished, as the bar top is clearly 1960s as is the bar back. Quite complete." On the 3rd June 1966 and the 20th July 1966, the Home Brewery architect F Marsden FRIBA submitted plans for the erection of a skittle alley and garage. The skittle alley is still standing but with nothing inside it. (Elain Harwood / Historic England). The traditional name of Tally Ho was inexplicably changed to Bakersfield in 2018. As at November 2017, the freehold (NT252822) for the Bakersfield was held by Admiral Taverns Limited [Reg. No. 5438628]. [Nottingham City Council, Dales Ward / Nottingham East Parliamentary Constituency].
Sorry, we don't have any current events or offers for this pub.
Sorry, we don't have any menus listed at the moment.