Traditional pub located at the centre of Chester above the Cross on the famous Chester Rows. Inside has been refurbished, fresh home cooked food is available. Open from noon.
The Victoria pub is situated on the former site of the HQ for the Roman Legion based in the ancient city of Chester. High cross, the exact centre of the old walled city.
The property first became a pub in 1269, and obtained its current name at the turn of the century in honour of the then Queen. Now a listed building, with it's odd shaped doors, low roof, antique oak beams (of which the main beam has been in place for some 726 years and is almost one thousand years old) it has a charm of it's own despite the cellar being positioned over St. Peters Church crypt and the courtyard being a flagged over graveyard.