An old pub which can be traced back to 1848 which has been extended and possibly partly rebuilt. Its large bowling green to the rear was added in 1897 and extended in 1911 and is still used today.
In 1937 extensive internal alterations took in its many rooms to make two distinctive rooms and some external alterations. The pub brewed its own beer up to 1930 and the Williams family owned the pub for 53 years before selling to Wolverhampton & Dudley Brewery in 1945. Three-roomed pub with the back used for functions. Asian food is served.