A beautiful bar and restaurant with rooms, by the river Coquet, in the heart of Northumberland
Situated approximately one mile from the A1, perfectly positioned for direct access north and south, lies the idyllic village of Felton.
The Northumberland Arms was built in the 1820’s by Hugh Percy, 3rd Duke of Northumberland as a Coaching Inn where his coach horses, family and visitors could be refreshed before reaching Alnwick Castle. The building has been lovingly restored (and not without its major ‘Grand Designs’ pitfalls) and presents the ultimate in chic, eclectic styling, whilst remaining warm comfortable and welcoming. Its six luxury en suite guest rooms were awarded a 4* Gold rating in 2014 and a 5* rating in 2015.
Style, comfort and ultimate luxury are key and no expense has been spared to ensure the Rooms match the ambiance of the bar/lounge/restaurant area. The initial reaction to the rooms has quite simply been ‘WOW’! Complimentary robes, spring water in addition to ‘Bari’ infused teas are served in each room, in addition to sensor lighting, terrestrial TV, telephone and a complimentary breakfast is served in the River Room to residents from 8.30am until 10.30 am.