The Labour Hall, Rye Road, Hoddesdon, was built by voluntary Labour and paid for by the people of Rye Park (some paying sixpence- old money - for a brick) Building started in 1936 and the Hall was finished in 1938
Since that time it has been used as a meeting hall for many different occasions: Weddings, Birthdays, Christenings, Tap Dancing lessons, Labour Party Constituency, Branch and flub meetings, Councillors surgeries, Bingo, Jumble sales..... the list goes on. At one time it was also used as an infant school. Many local residents have spent many happy times here. By 1980 the hall was in need of some major remedial repair work to the tune of needing a new roof. There were a number of politically active party members who couldn't sit back and let the building fall into disrepair. They got together and put in a sum of money, approached Watneys beer company to install a licensed bar and so the Hoddesdon Labour Club was born. The club has gone from strength to strength and after initially being manned by voluntary bar staff and in 1985 the club took on its first full time steward and have not looked back since.