This pub reopened in December 2014 after being closed for several months. A new bar area has been sympathetically incorporated into this Grade II listed town centre pub, which is actually an 18th century inn with an Edwardian frontage of 1904. The original tiles in the entrance porch are notable, as are the stairs inside. The original Terrazzo floor tiles have been uncovered in the central area. To the right of the bar, and easily missed, is a separate room fronting onto the street, which has superb leaded windows and a largely intact Edwardian interior. To the rear is the original tap room whose doorway has been extended to allow open access to the central bar area and has modest seating. The room to the left of the bar has a comfy lounge area with sofa seating. Four real ales are currently available, with a potential for six in due course. Czech lagers are available on keg.