The inn was established in 1740 and was so named after the village green it was built on. Once the geographical centre of the village it ended up isolated as the houses were built further up the road leaving the inn half a mile away from the centre!
There is a lawned beer garden, woodland area and a large car parking area. A large function room is available upstairs along with seperate bar and restaurant areas. Reopened in 2014 under new ownership and has been smartly refurbished throughout. It is pleasing to see such a commitment to real ale.