Denmead Queen

8-9 Queen's Parade, 121–123 London Road, Waterlooville, PO7 7EB
edit

The Wadham name entered Waterlooville’s history in 1871, when Charles Wadham established a draper’s on London Road. The family firm later became Wadham Brothers’ Motor Company and Waterlooville’s biggest employer, building open-topped double-deck buses for Portsmouth Corporation and Denmead Queen buses for FG Tanner of nearby Denmead village. Over the years, there were several models of the single-deck Denmead Queen buses, used until the mid 1930s.