pub jobs at Cakes and Ale
Closing date: 05/10/2019Do you want to join a unique company and become a part of an exciting new venture? Then step forward, because we’re looking for you. You’re reading this job advertisement at what is a very exciting time for new bistro bar Cakes & Ale. Based in the heart of Mumbles, we’re searching for positive, energetic and warm people who are passionate ... more ▶Do you want to join a unique company and become a part of an exciting new venture? Then step forward, because we’re looking for you. You’re reading this job advertisement at what is a very exciting time for new bistro bar Cakes & Ale. Based in the heart of Mumbles, we’re searching for positive, energetic and warm people who are passionate about great food, coffee and excellent service to join us on a journey.
You don’t need to be a coffee aficionado to join us. A simple thirst for coffee knowledge is enough to win us over if you don’t have any prior experience in the industry. You do have to have an enthusiastic outlook and an appreciation of food and fresh produce. A very hands-on approach will also come in handy as will a willingness to get stuck in with our fun-loving culture.
Making people smile is another must for any would-be Cakes & Ale Barista and Front of House Service Staff member. Seeing our customers happy should leave you happy, and with our excellent food and drink there’s so many ways to brighten someone’s day. In fact, there’s never a dull cup served at Cakes & Ale. Your vibrant and bubbly personality, and love for interacting with people will certainly stand you in good stead.
As a bistro bar and lounge, we attract customers around the clock, from 7.30am until late, with our freshly prepared food, local drinks, and events. Cakes & Ale aims to offer something different in the popular tourist destination of Mumbles, with our selection of locally produced and sourced food and drink just one of the many reasons why shoppers, office and retail workers, and visitors dine and drink with us.
Cakes & Ale is synonymous with quality, offering carefully sourced breads, cheeses, meat, grazing boards, fish, vegetables, salads, coffee, wines, beers and ciders. From beautiful breakfasts, brunches, great coffee and light lunches to excellent wines, dinners and evening entertainment, Cakes & Ale will not only provide a place to eat but an experience.
Joining our team as a Barista and Front of House Service Staff member will give you the opportunity to develop important skills. As part of your role you will:
• Deliver outstanding customer service to all who walk through our doors, providing prompt service, quality food and beverages, and a clean, comfortable and welcoming environment
• Maintain a calm demeanour even during busy periods and challenging events, setting a positive example to other team members
• Anticipate customer and store needs, taking cues from customers and the surrounding environment to discover and respond most appropriately
• Follow health, safety, licensing and sanitation guidance and legislation for all products and across all services
• Contribute to a positive team environment, acting with honesty, integrity and knowledge to promote our core culture, values and mission
• Be able to work flexibly from Monday to Sunday between 7.30am and 12.30pm.
In return, we’ll offer you a challenging, fast-paced but most importantly fun environment. We will teach you everything about food and coffee, and will continually support your training and development. As a Barista and Front of House Service Staff member at Cakes & Ale, you will have access to 25% discount on food and drink for you and your entire party at our venue.
Think you’re the perfect fit for the role mentioned above? Tell us why by emailing your cover letter and CV to [email protected] less ▼