Generous pubs planning to open their doors to customers facing social isolation this Christmas are being invited to spread the word, free of charge, via digital pub and bar platform Useyourlocal.
Participating pubs will be provided with VIP access to their pub’s listing on Useyourlocal.com, allowing them to add details of upcoming events and become part of the site’s ‘Christmas Community’. In addition to being visible on the main platform, events will be further publicised through Useyourlocal’s automated email system, notifying all their consumer members in the area.
Contents & Communications Manager Rachael Honey said: “There are pubs all over the UK that are providing much-needed companionship to isolated people during the festive period and we feel it’s incredibly important to support that.
If free access to our service means those pubs are able to connect with even one more person who might otherwise be spending the Christmas period alone, we’ll be delighted. Hopefully we are able to get as many pubs as possible involved to make that happen”
Following recent reports of increasing levels of loneliness in the UK, Useyourlocal hopes this initiative will help reaffirm the significant role pubs and bars play in providing social spaces that benefit communities.
To get involved pubs can email or call 0191 691 5000.
- ENDS –
Further information from: Rachael Honey 0191 691 4998 / [email protected]
Notes to editors:
· The Campaign to End Loneliness states that there are currently nine million lonely people in the UK, four million of which are older people.
· An up-to-date list of pubs hosting community events can be found at:
· Useyourlocal.com was founded in 2009, celebrating the role of local pubs and bars in communities, and actively encouraging people to visit their local more often by connecting pubs and brands with consumers.
· It is the UK’s leading digital platform for pubs and bars, currently listing 60,000 outlets in its database.
· Every month, 500,000 consumers visit the website to find out about events and promotional offers to help them plan their pub visit.
· There are currently more than 35,000 members who have registered to follow one or more local pubs and receive regular emails from them.
Published on 28/11/2018